Our business was founded in 1910 on the initiative of three hard-working girls, the “Tiburli sisters“, who, although very young, as soon as they finished elementary school, they started the job of “millists” specializing in making hats. At the time, the hat was an unmissable complement of elegance and it was difficult to go out without wearing it.
After a brief training in a small workshop under his own home, in 1922 the great adventure began with the opening of a real store in Corso Vittorio Emanuele No. 22, now Corso Italia, which has always been considered the good lounge for city shopping. It is still possible, rummaging through the photographic memories, to enjoy the sight of that enormous display case filled with hats, bags, handbags and a large sign on the entrance with the words “cose belle dalle Tiburli sorelle” (beautiful things from the Tiburli sisters).
Later, as time progressed, the last of the three sisters remained active known by the name of Rosetta, decided to move to a smaller room in Via della Volta Buia, a few meters from the historic workshop. Reaching her 85 years, after seventy years of work, she left the business to her niece, who, together with the one who later became her husband, in 1984 transformed the business into a contemporary shop in the current Via del Suffragio, expanding the customers as well as women and men and continuing the tradition they specialize in selling men’s and women’s hats, scarves, gloves and many other clothing accessories.
The last to enter this wonderful story is Alessia, daughter of the owners Miriam and Luciano, who grew up inside the store, who, with her passion and her natural communication talent, contributed to making the business one of the most important in the sector.